Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 810 3045 9020
20/4/2020: I know Merseyside Squash have been a bit quiet over the
last few weeks but after a bit of time off we are back to work.
Myself, Jim and Connor had a chat last week and with generous support from Merseyside Squash have come up with some actions that we will be looking to get started once this is all over :)
We have tried to be realistic so unless the UK lockdown is drastically moved forward our plan is to try and get as much squash and racketball sorted for July and August so we are up and running for the 2020-21 season. So here is a quick overview of our plans and we will message out again soon with further updates.
1. Grand Prix Series - We will be looking to finish our Grand Prix Series off with two more events at Xaverian Squash Club and the Season Finale at LCC.
2. Junior Team Tournament - Like last year we will be looking to run our Merseyside Team Event over two weekends.
3. Merseyside Junior Open - I will still be looking to run my England Squash Sanctioned event at LCC on Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th July.
4. County Squad - We will try and get two more County Training Squads as well.
Senior Squash and Racketball
1. NWCSL - We are still waiting to hear from the league about their plans with regards to the current season.
2. Merseyside Cup - If the season does not continue our thought is to run a Merseyside Inter Club League. So a bit like the Sefton Cup between Northern and S&B we could look to run a few Thursday night events with clubs playing each other. We will be in touch with team captains with a proposal soon.
3. We can try to run something similar with the Racketball teams or try and combine the two events.
4. North-West Racketball/Squash 57 Closed - An alternate date for this event will be put forward shortly.
A rough outline is that we will try and utilise Facebook and
Instagram to create -
1. Monthly Newsletters - These will highlight any success from the previous month and highlight upcoming events.
2. Weekly updates - We will aim to update all social media platforms every week and will be looking for news stories, etc from all clubs.
We hope everyone is staying safe and active and we will see you all, back on court, before you know it.
Senior County Closed held on 11th/12th January 2020 at Liverpool
Contact: Andrew Breen, 5 Bower Road, Woolton L25 4RG. Mobile: 07814138521. Emails: email@example.com
Website: Any updates, corrections or suggestions please contact David Siddall, mobile 07780681066 Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org